Tuesday, July 12, 2011

OK to Wake!

Morgan had been waking up a few times at night, asking for random things, so I was looking for something to help let her know when it was sleepy time and when it was OK to call for me, to get up.  I found the OK to Wake! clock and so far, it's working!  It glows at the time you set as being "OK to Wake" and it also has a nap timer.  I explained to Morgan that when the clock glows, it's OK to call for Mommy.



The first night, we set it for 7:00, which I know was pushing it a little, since she had been waking up around 5:30/6, but her usual final wake-up time would be 7:15 or so.  I heard her make a little noise at 6:50 and I watched her on the video monitor.  She rolled around a bit, but didn't look at the clock.  She had slept through the night, though, so I think she got the message that she was supposed to sleep all night long.  She called me at 6:59 and I went in and told her we had to wait one more minute, before getting out of the crib.  For a second, she balked, but then the clock lit up and she was so excited!  I told her the clock lights up as its way of saying, "good morning".  Greg came in the room and she exclaimed, "the clock told me 'Good Morning'!" 

Yesterday, I set the nap timer for 2 hours and 15 minutes, and she slept 2 1/2 hours, so that went well.

Last night, I set it for 6:45 a.m., to be more realistic.  I saw her stir around 6:40, but she didn't say anything.  Then, at 6:45, she said, "Mooooommy! It's morrrrrrning!"  I went in and she gasped and said, "Look, Mommy, it's GLOWING!  It's morning time!!"  You would have thought she was getting a visit from Dora or Elmo, with the way she was so excited. :) 

Oh, she did wake up once last night, though, but it was because one of her "babies" got wedged in the crib and she needed me to get her out.  Either way, the new clock has been a success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment