Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Little mice...

I was rocking Morgan in the chair and she told me that there was this little mouse who lived in a hole in her wall, and he hurt her back.  I asked her if that was from a show and she said Dora, but I don't remember that episode.  Anyway, I told her that I would patch up the hole in the wall, so the mouse wouldn't come through and hurt her back.  I asked her to show me where the hole was, and she pointed and I pretended to patch it up.  We went back to rocking in the chair, and she said, "Where did the mouse go?"  I told her that I patched up the hole, so he had to go in the front yard.  She said she wanted to play with him in the front yard and the back yard and that she would like to go on the slide with him, and swing.  Then she said, "I want to go swimming with the little mouse and he could wear a little, little, little, little bathing suit!"  I said that sounded like a lot of fun.  I put her in the crib and she said, "Oh, my little mouse friend is on the floor, can you get him, please?"  So, I scooped up her "mouse friend" and put him next to her in the crib.  She said, "the mouse needs a pillow" and I gave him a pillow. She said, "oh, wait, the pillow doesn't have ladybugs on it" and I told her that the pillow had ladybugs and Hello Kitty on it, just like hers.  The she said, "oh, but there are 10 mice..."  I said, "Oh, OK, well let me make some more pillows, and I pinched my fingers together, like I was making tiny pillows and she said, "I'll make some, too" and we proceeded to "make" 10 little pillows and we gave them to the mice.  I said, "Ohhhhh K, now it's time for you and your 10 mice friends, and all your babies to go to sleep."  She said, "sing us some songs..."  I sang her a couple of songs and then she said, "We need to tell Daddy that I have 10 mice friends."

I'm sure he'll be thrilled... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment