Monday, July 11, 2011

Can't put anything past her...

Morgan has many, many "babies" that she sleeps with...Bunny Kitty, Green Kitty, Red Kitty, Elmo, Dolly, Llama, Chuck E., Tweety and Purple Bunny.  Dolly is her #1 best friend.












Since Dolly is her most beloved, she suffers the most wear and tear.  When I first bought Dolly, I bought 3 of them, so I could have 2 to swap out and wash, and one for my parents' house.  I've been swapping them out for a long time, and she has never made a fuss.  She knows there are multiple Dolly dolls, since one lives at GrandDaddy's, but we never discussed the fact that there are multiple Dolly dolls in our own house.

Anyway, even with the rotation, the Dolly dolls were getting a little worn, so I ordered 2 more off Amazon.  She has been sleeping with them for about a week now, but as I was putting her to sleep, I said, "here's Dolly", and she said, "That's not Dolly."  I said, "Yes, it is..."  She said, "no", but she didn't really seem upset or anything, so I asked, "Who is it, if you don't think it's Dolly", and she said, "a new Dolly".

Gasp!  The jig is up!

Oh well, I just told her that I bought a new Dolly, because I needed to wash the other one and she was fine with it and snuggled up with her Dolly.  I think she just wanted to let me know that she knew it wasn't "the" Dolly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment