Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stalling, stalling...

Morgan has been "making me" lie in bed with her, as she tries to go to sleep, but she talks and talks and talks...here are some excerpts: (M=Morgan, S=Me)

M: What is a period?
S: It's a punctuation mark that tells you when the sentence is done.
M: It's a circle!

M: Remember on Little Bear when the can of paint falls on his head and they ask, "Are you all white?" (She laughs loudly)  That was pretty funny!

M: Let's sing a song together and maybe that will help me fall asleep...(She begins a round of "Twinkle, Twinkle" and I join in...)

M: I want to dream about butterflies and rainbows, but no sun, because it's too bright...
S: You need the sun's light to have a rainbow.
M: Oh, OK, then...

M: I want to hold you for a while (proceeds to put me in a head lock...)

M: Can you say, "1...2...3...4"?
S: 1...2...3...4
M: Good job, Mommy, you did it!!  Can you say "1...2...3...4...5"?
S: 1...2...3...4...5
M: OK, can you say "1...2...3...4...5...6?
(This pattern continues on all the way up to 12, at which point she counts up to 19, then I say 20 and she counts to 29 and I say 30, etc., all the way to 80...)

S: 3 more minutes and I have to go...
M: NO! 4 more minutes...5 more minutes...!
S: 1 more minute...
M: OK, 3 more minutes...
(Of course, she does not let me go after the 3 minutes passed...)

M: Mommy, I love you.  I love you every day.
S: I love you every day, too, Sweetie Baby.
M: (gives me a squeeze) Awww, Mommy, you're so cute!

This is how she gets me!

No comments:

Post a Comment