Monday, September 19, 2011

Love Bits and Bites

I took Morgan with me to HEB and she is always a perfect angel and I'm always so grateful.  Today, she was being her usual angelic self, and she leaned over and grabbed me and was hugging me.  I had to hunch over a little and try and keep pushing the cart.  She put her mouth on my arm and I thought she was trying to kiss my arm.  The next thing I knew, I felt TEETH IN MY ARM! :O  She was biting me!  I asked her to stop, quietly, because I didn't want to yell in HEB, but she didn't stop.  She came so close to breaking the skin, but I touched her cheek and asked her again to stop.  She opened her mouth and I had a huge bite mark on my arm.  She looked down and said "what happened to your arm??"  I told her that she bit me and I said I couldn't believe it and she said, "we eat food, not people".  Ha!  Yes, I do believe I told her that once upon a time.  She totally didn't realize what she had done and then asked if she could kiss it.  She said, "when Daddy gets home, I need to tell him that I bit Mommy and that's a No-No".  I said that was a BIG NO-NO and she said, "No, it's a little no-no"...I told her it was a BIG NO-NO and that we don't bite anyone, especially Mommy.

The rest of the day was better, though...

We've been having some issues with Morgan being a bit bossy, lately, and I was trying to explain things to her.  We had a discussion over "polite vs. rude", and "nice vs. mean".  I was putting her to bed and as I lay there in bed with her, she's talking about all kinds of things.  I stroked her hair and she said, "DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR!" in a stern tone.  Then, she paused and said sweetly, "please..."  I realized she was trying to be polite, because I told her it would be a lot nicer if she said "please" after "telling" someone what to do.  I told her I appreciated her being nice about it and saying please.  Then, she proceeded to tell me all about what we discussed earlier.  She was saying, "it's polite to say please and thank you when you want something...like water, milk...or anything!"  I thought I was going to cry.  I couldn't believe how happy I felt at the thought that she had actually listened to me.  So many times I feel like I'm not getting through or that she's not paying attention.

Another sweet moment was when she was snuggling with me and she was stroking my hair and she said, "your hair is beautiful"...Aw, she is such a Sweetie, when she wants to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment